You haven’t missed much if you’ve never been to Acapulco or Monaco. Except, of course, the jet lag, travel time and big expenses!
Rakindo, India's truly world class+ master planners, developers and lifestylists is launching Kumarakom Tourist Resort Village, a backwater resort that’s set to change the face of Kumarakom, one of the Top 10 tourist destinations in the world. Rakindo will take the famous backwaters, lagoons and canals of Kumarakom, 15 km west of Kottayam in Kerala and, abracadabra, turn it into a world class+ tourist and holiday destination that offers leisure, recreation and relaxation comparable to or even better than the best in the world. Just one example of that: You could sail in from the Arabian Sea and moor your yacht right in your backyard! Exotic? Romantic? Take your pick.
Fun, Leisure, Relaxation And Business Options
That Read Like A Menu Card
What exactly do you have in mind for that long pending personal break? Or for the upcoming family holiday? Or when you want to recharge or reward the staff? Be assured, there’s so much to pick from you won’t know where to start.
- Backwater Cruises. How does a canoe, boat or houseboat cruise on the largest backwater lake in India sound?
- Mangrove & Nature Trails. Exotic flora, fauna, wetlands and…they’re better in real life than on Discovery Channel. So step out of the living room and experience things live
- Bird Sanctuary & Nature Park. A lot of migratory birds like the Siberian stork, egret, teal and the heron come visiting here from as far away as the Himalayas and Siberia. And they do it on their own steam. You’ve got planes, trains, cars, even boats, to get down here easy
- Children’s Theme Park
- Marina / Water Sports & Recreational Center. Water sports, from usual to extreme
- Healthcare Centre Spas. A kind of luxury resort devoted to providing a range of soothing holistic Ayurvedic treatments that will have you age backwards
- The Ultra Luxury Sail-in Five Star Hotel & Resort. Yes, sail in from the Arabian Sea, dine-in on gourmet food at our sail-in hotel and relax and unwind at our resort by the sea. Our cottages and villas here are up for sale on a whole or time-share basis, so book one before it’s too late
- Project cost - 3000 crores
- Project Area - 379 Acres
- Project Period - 4 years
- No. of Employees -2500 plus at peak construction
- No. of Employees on Operation - 5000
- Area for organic farming & Processing Centre
- Excursion / Study tour destination for understanding organic farming
- Hospitality management school & College
- Holiday homes
- Farm houses
- Eco friendly Hotels & Resorts
- Senior Citizen living homes
What Else Is Big About The Kumarakom Tourist Resort Village?
It’s 379 Acres big but with about 85% open space!
So besides the fun, relaxation and revitalizing, there’s an abundance of nature too
It’s very accessible
75 km from Kochi International Airport
170 km from Kozhikode Airport
175 km from Thiruvananthapuram International Airport
16 km from Kottayam Railway Station
20 km from Chertala Railway Station
From Alappuzha, and the NH-47 connecting Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram,
you could reach Kumarakom Tourist Resort Village by road and water
It’s got good holiday packages
There are innovative, attractive tourist and holiday packages for families and groups including corporate houses
It’s a benchmark in conservation
The Kumarakom Tourist Resort Village will consist of ecologically sustainable developments. It is designed to strengthen and promote the surrounding bird habitats, wetlands, and fish population, consequently helping preserve the ecology of the area and the livelihood of the local fisherman. It will establish benchmarks in zero pollution, 100% recycling water discharges, carbon sink and negligible carbon footprint.
What’s The Big Deal About Kumarakom?
It’s a World Top 10 tourist destination famous for its backwater, health and wellness tourism. It's close to international airports and accessible by excellent road and railway networks. Oh, and it has got the Kumarakom Tourist Resort Village!